Sept 16 17
“If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts, happiness follows them like a never- departing shadow.” -The Buddha.
MERCURY and MARS conjunct Sept 16 @ 12:01 pm PDT/ 3:01 pm EDT/ 8:01 pm GMT @ 7+ degrees VIRGO.
MERCURY is in its home sign and extra diligent focussed perfectionist and realistic. MARS is power strength energy competition desire- the warrior. This is a powerful aspect for focusing the mind like a martial arts warrior does. They seem to be capable of accomplishing near impossible feats. Use the combined energies of the personal planets to focus your mind on very specific issues in detail.
According to an article in Psychology Today
“The more focused we are, the more successful we can be at whatever we do. And, conversely, the more distracted, the less well we do. This applies across the board: sports, school, career. Focus is the hidden ingredient in excellence.” writes Dan Goleman Ph.D. in The Brain and Emotional Intelligence.
VIRGO related issues that can be enhanced with this aspect:
Health-especially digestion; career; self-worth; being of service in the world; writing; self-criticism; discipline; cleansing; the environment; responsibility; clarity of mind; accountability.
The way to work with this perfecting detailed energy if to focus your mind. The Buddhists have been practicing mindfulness for thousands of years. The steps seem simple but do take discipline and practice. It would be helpful to be out in nature if you can. Even in your backyard or in a park sitting on the ground or leaning with your back against a tree if you live in a big city. You may want to wear earplugs to drown out distracting noises.
Here are 6 steps for the 6th sign to help you.
- Take your cell phone off your body. It should be 12 feet away from you ideally as it puts out harmful EMF waves.
- Begin to focus on your breath. Breathe naturally from your belly or diaphragm. You can place your hands on your belly to feel its outward expansion. As you breathe in slowly count to four. Hold for 1 count then contract your stomach muscles lightly and release your breath slowly through your mouth to the count of four. Don’t force anything. Just concentrate on the natural flow of your breath.
3. Repeat. If your mind wanders off in thought just notice that your mind has wandered off without judgment and bring it back to your breath. Let any trains of thought go by releasing them. You may want to visualize the letting go in a mental picture. Then bring your focus back to your breath. Keep your mind quiet just being aware of your breath. If your mind wanders off again over and over. That’s Ok it takes practice to quiet the mind.
4. Notice the rise and fall of your chest as your lungs expand. As you continue this practice you will start to feel clearer and calmer from the increased oxygen in your blood. Try doing this for just one minute. It’s difficult because we have so much information going through our heads and around us all the time. Keep doing this practice for at least 10 minutes.
5. Choose a subject that you’d like to focus on. See this issue in clarity as you would like it to be. Visualize it in as much detail as possible. If it’s your health visualize your body in glowing health. See all the cells alive with energy. It’s best to focus on your bodies feelings of how it would feel to be healthy or successful or helping the world by cleaning up the environment or by being at peace or whatever your topic us.
6. If you ‘ve been meditating for awhile you can also ask to see what it is you are needing to perfect or to be of service to or what your body mind and spirit need right now. Take your time. Write down or record how you felt how your mind wandered off and what you saw.
Use this to start a regular meditation/ mindfulness practice. You can also keep a log or journal of your progress.
Use this aspect well. I will be meditating too.
The other side of this aspect is extreme nitpickiness; criticism; worry; digestion upsets and issues; the body feedback will be loud and clear; wars of words and big debates.
Please share widely all writing is copyright of Tara Greene
Get a reading with me http://www.taratarot.com