If you are feeling frazzled, do this. Each night a treasure trove awaits your excavation. We spend 1/3 of our entire lives sleeping and dreaming.
A night without a dream remembered is a gift unopened. Make use of and honor the gifts the Moon brings to you every night. Dream incubation and recall are very helpful to help restore balance in your life. Your dreaming will become clearer and your inner and outer life will be more integrated and in harmony. You will feel happier, more peaceful and less afraid. Dream recall for healing is an ancient technique used world wide.
10 step guide on how to do dream incubation
You will need a few of simple, inexpensive items.
1. Pure organic lavender oil, best to rub it on your third eye before you go to bed. It’s a very relaxing and protective herb. It is very strong, some people are allergic to it. Drinking chamomile or sleep tyme teas before bed are also a good aid.
2. A dream pillow sachet, these are made of various herbs, mugwort is one of the main herbs used to enhance dreaming.You can buy them or make them yourself. Herbs used are Anise-repels nightmares but use sparingly Cedar, Mugwort and mullein also protect. Catnip, Calendula induces sleep, chamomile, hops, jasmine; lemon balm helps with insomnia, rose petals, sweet grass, sage, lavender and rosemary- a bit as its scent is strong. You put some or all of these into a muslin or cotton bag and tie it and place some or all the herbs under your pillow.
3. A special notebook which you will use only to record dream images, scenes, feelings, dialogue and questions.
4. Before you go to sleep ask the High Priestess, as she is the Archetype of the Moon incarnate, Ancient Goddess Isis, to come to you in your dreams. She is Trump #2 in the Tarot.
THe High Priestess from the Tarot of Dreams by Marchetti
She is a very powerful and real presence, the veil holder between the worlds who goes back and forth between the two twilights. She can be contacted anytime but it is easier when the Moon is in water signs Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces, as water symbolizes the fluidity of consciousness and emotions.
5. Your intention is everything. Ask to have a situation clarified, or for direction. Tell yourself that you will be awake in your dreams, that you will remember your dreams. This is soul work you are embarking on. Remember that your dreams are messages from your Higher Self.
6. Tell your body to remember everything. All dreams come in service, even nightmares, these are issues that we don’t want to or are afraid of facing. They keep recurring because we haven’t integrated them. Be fearless.
7. You will need to wake yourself up earlier then you need, to process your dreams and write them down.
8. When you wake up remain perfectly still and immediately recall the feelings, images or energy of your dream. Do not attempt to change anything in the way you recall the dream.
9. If you don’t remember anything right away don’t give up. Dream recall is a practice, a discipline. Like any other relationship you’re dreaming soul will only speak to you if you connect to it and show an interest. Be patient. Learning to meditate before bed is also helpful.
10. I believe that only you can interpret your dreams. Yes they seem nonsensical to the day world ego. But from the soul’s perspective they are a treasure trove of insights. Each individual has his or her own symbolic language, along with a collective unconscious that we all refer to . Each dream is full of icons, the soul speaks in images. Everything in the dream is an aspect of yourself, the lamp, the shit, the neighbour, the house. So become each object and speak from the place of who the object is, what its reality is, Point of view. What does the lamp have to say? Dreams also speak in puns. A lamp is an illuminating device. What light can the lamp throw on the subject? Keep asking questions. Your dream journal should fill up quickly with questions and relationships. Follow the patterns in your dreams.
Dreaming is the royal road. It is the closest we come to experiencing what life is like when our consciousness is unbound to the physical world- what we call death- every night. The more aware you are of your dreaming landscape, the less fear you will have around death.
You spend 1/3 of your life asleep. Each night a treasure trove awaits your excavation. A night without a dream remembered is a gift unopened. Make use of and honor the gifts the Moon brings to you every night. Your dreaming will become clearer and your inner and outer life will be more harmonious.
Last night I dreamed of our dog Jasper for the first time. He shit out a football shaped and sized poop. He was standing on it and bouncing on it. So I went to pick it up and i got some poop on my feet, that I had to clean up. Nothing to be embarrased about. Shit in dreams is a positive thing. Shit is the fertile muck that is the ground for the lotus to grow.
PLEASE SHARE WIDELY copyright Tara Greene
Interested in a dream FB chat group? we can discuss our dreams, share and help each other to unlock the dreams secrets.
Email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a dream interpretation reading with Tara http://www.taratarot.com
SWEET DREAM BABY by Roy Orbison